Youth and Family Director
First Church of Christ in Fairborn, Ohio is accepting applications for a Youth and Family Director. The position will promote the integration of our young families and youth into the full life of the church. The Director will develop programming, fellowship, service and worship opportunities for youth and families; recruit and coordinate the volunteer youth leaders; and, encourage parents to participate in faith building activities.
- Beliefs consistent with the independent Christian/Church of Christ doctrine (Restoration Movement), required
- Graduate or recent student of a Christian College or a major in similar field from other accredited university, required
- Experience working with students and/or families in a Christian ministry setting, required
- College course work in youth development and behavior and family dynamics, desirable
- Social media experience for churches or similar organizations, desired
- Good communication and interpersonal skills across an intergenerational community
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours
- Initiate, develop and maintain a personal relationship with the youth and their families through a variety of activities.
- Provide a program for youth and their families, in the areas of faith, life issues, social responsibility, and family skills.
- Develop youth education (K-12) programs
** Selecting curriculum & executing curriculum
** Recruiting and developing teachers
** Developing and coordinating youth program
**Integration of the youth into church lif
- Encourage participation in Family and Parenting activities
** Encouraging family involvement in the church
** Developing programs for parenting skills
- Daily performance will be overseen by the Senior Minister under the guidance and authority of the Elders.
- Encourage the youth participation in special vents such as; church camp, youth rallies/conferences, and mission projects
• Salary, hours, and benefits are negotiable
Apply by submitting via online link below or via email to [email protected] :
• Cover letter
• Resume & work experience
• College Transcripts