Galilee Christian Church is located about 20 minutes outside of Athens, Ga and about 50 miles north of Atlanta. We are a growing Church focused on the Gospel and reaching people for Christ. The Church averages 600 worshipers each Sunday and we have a vibrant history AND future!
Compensation for this ministry will be generous and commensurate with experience.
This position is first and foremost a Ministerial one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical, worship, or production arts director, but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. The Worship Minister should be a developer of productive relationships with those they serve alongside and with the members of the congregation.
The Worship Minister must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The Worship Minister is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. The Worship Minister must be a team player – they will work with the Senior Minister to understand the overall theme and approach for a service, and translate that, using any and all available resources, to effectively lead the congregation into a place of worship that spans a broad spectrum of styles, generations, and instrumentation. They must also connect with, grow, and develop a wide assortment of volunteers. Lastly, the Worship Minister is a vital and important member of our overall church staff – so working with others in a true “roll up your sleeves” manner is important to success.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision at Galilee.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader – leading and growing an impactful worship ministry.
- A heart for the spiritual health of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, an enthusiastic presence, a positive attitude, and an ability to interact positively with volunteers and the congregation.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction. Able to lead singing.
- Demonstrates effective and timely organization, administration, and volunteer coordination. Clearly, a self-starter who needs minimal direction or oversight.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship, and the wisdom to know when to and when not to use it.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A passion and demonstrated ability to raise up leaders.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Galilee Christian Church.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Galilee in consultation with the Senior Minister and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, etc.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide Ministerial care for the worship teams and choirs.
- Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas one to two times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Be willing to assist with the various services and special events that Galilee plans.
- The Worship Minister will work under the oversight of the Elders and day to day operations will be coordinated by the Senior Minister.
- The Worship Minister will participate in regular or special staff meetings.
- The Worship Minister will attend all Congregational meetings.
- The Worship minister will participate in church family functions as able.
- Attend Leadership meetings as called by the Elders. Usually 3-4 a year.
- Worship Minister to assist pre-school with weekly chapel service.
- Call on sick in hospitals and shut-ins weekly, in conjunction with other staff.
- Keep Central Calendar of Events updated with all of your activities.
- Assist with weddings; funerals etc. as needed. Coordinate the scheduling of these events and be willing to play…etc.
- Follow the Galilee Staff Handbook to the best of their ability.