The Worship Leader will lead the Partnership Christian Church family in God-honoring worship - ensuring that all worship elements are authentic expressions of praise which glorify The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit in truth and spirit (John 4:24). This is a part-time position (approximately 10± hours per week)
Oversight and Accountability
First and foremost, the Worship Leader serves under the supreme authority of Jesus Christ. Functionally and pastorally he/she reports directly to the Lead Pastor. More broadly, all PCC staff serve under the spiritual guidance and leadership of the PCC elders. The Lead Pastor will generate a performance review annually.
- Shepherd/Pastor volunteers (Music Team) in a Christ-like manner.
- Collaborate and coordinate weekly with the Lead Pastor to develop a worship gathering plan.
- Plan and prepare music, scripture readings, prayer, and media for worship gatherings.
- Use Planning Center Online to schedule and communicate with volunteers and disperse resources to the teams.
- Lead weekly Music Team rehearsals.
- Recruit, schedule, and train (if required) musicians, and vocalists.
- Discern and assess the congregational needs for various musical styles and elements of worship.
- Oversee the development and implementation of worship elements including:
o Scheduling (Planning Center Online), Music, Media, and Presentation software (ProPresenter).
- Work in harmony as a unified member of the church staff to support other PCC ministries.
- Participate in leadership planning and training events as required.
- Responsible for developing, submitting (to the elders) and administering the Music Team budget.
- Be an active part of the PCC family.
- Pursue continuous improvement in your personal vocation as well as the function of the Worship Ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Be an immersed, believer of Jesus Christ and committed to His Lordship in your life.
- Exhibit a life of worship in private and in public.
- Be committed to prayer - living a life that is journeying toward greater spiritual maturity in Christ.
- Willing to affirm the theology and doctrine of PCC along with our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Possess the skill, heart, and passion to plan, coordinate, and lead the Worship Team in the elements of prayer, music, scripture reading, performing arts, and other aspects of worshipful expression.
- Experience in planning and facilitating worship gatherings and their respective elements.
- Experience working with volunteers of various ages and abilities.
- Proficient as a vocalist and musician.
- Able to lead proficiently with an instrument (guitar, keyboard, etc.).
- Ability to lead vocally and coach other vocalists in harmonies / melodies.
- Ability to be creative and experiment with diverse musical styles that appeal to multiple generations.
- Ample working knowledge of Worship Technology such as:
o Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, and Audio/Sound.
- Be an effective communicator (email, text message, social media, etc.).
- Ability to be flexible and allow room for the Spirit to determine direction.
- Some formal Bible / Ministry education is desired.
- Forward a complete resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Include your contact information.
- Include link to a video sample of you leading a complete worship gathering.
- Resumés will be accepted until position is filled.