Worship and Small Group Minister
General Summary of Position:
This person will be charged with developing both the Worship and Small Group Ministries at Journey. He/she will be given freedom to develop and execute the strategies needed while keeping the Senior Minister and Elders informed on changes and strategy.
- Character: Shall be an example to believers and unbelievers alike in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12) and agree with the JCC statement of faith.
- Call: Shall believe that God has truly called him/her into ministry, and specifically this ministry. Passion for the un-churched and to see God work in Northeast NE.
- Credential: Shall have training, competence, and experience in areas needed to stretch and lead the ministry.
- Leadership: Shall have demonstrated the ability to lead, motivate and coordinate both volunteers and staff and work harmoniously in a team environment with other pastors and volunteer leaders.
- Develop Sunday morning services that facilitate worship and participation.
- Be responsible for both the “flow of the service” and the quality of the service.
- Recruit, train, equip, and oversee praise team members (vocalists and instrumentalists).
- Recruit, train, equip, and oversee A/V team members.
- Raise up new leaders and volunteers for both the music and A/V teams.
- Recruit, train, and equip Small Group leaders.
- Develop a system to connect people with Small Groups (Life Groups, Bible studies, etc.)
- Develop an overall Small Group strategy.
- Possibly develop sermon-based group material.
- Strong personal faith with the desire to connect others to the Grace of God.
- An ability to encourage others to walk with Jesus daily.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in worship.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers.
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Experience in teaching and preaching as this individual may have preaching expectations.
- Technologically literate with strong communication skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Personal & Professional Growth:
- Demonstrate a commitment to becoming more like Jesus through the practice of various spiritual disciplines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing knowledge and understanding of God’s Word.
- Model for the congregation what it means to help people find, follow, and be like Jesus.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development through reading books and articles, attending workshops, conferences and conventions, and listening to podcasts, etc.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with his/her spouse and children.
To apply, email your resume to [email protected]
- S Prev