Hillside Christian Church is in the rolling hills of Western Berks County, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. Berks County has a very diverse population of about 415,000 people. The area is famous for shopping, textiles, antiques, along with a mild seasonal climate. The church is only a few miles from Lancaster County, well-known for its Amish heritage, which has a population of about 535,000. There are almost 40 school districts in the two counties, as well as several public and private colleges.
HCC is an independent, non-denominational Christian Church in Berks County, although there are a few Acapella churches. The church currently has four Elders and the congregation consists of a mix of professional and blue-collar workers. The church is debt-free and healthy. HCC has a huge heart and partners with local, regional, and worldwide ministries as well as missionaries. Average church attendance is just over 100 people weekly.
Provides Spiritual Leadership…
Preaches the gospel and teaches the bible.
Oversees worship services through writing and presenting one weekly sermon at Sunday service.
Encourages stewardship. Leads members to love and trust God.
Leads members to love one another and their neighbors.
Establishes vision and goals.
Provides Pastoral Leadership…
Builds purposeful relationships with members.
Ensures the sick, shut-ins, and incarcerated are kept connected through contacts with the church people, caring acts, and ongoing communication.
Conducts funerals and weddings.
Counsels members and others during times of crisis or change.
Provides Outreach Leadership…
Teaches and trains people in basic evangelism.
Develops a culture and atmosphere open to those outside the faith.
Motivates members to invite others and participate in spiritual conversations.
Oversees events, sermon series, and special services that can be connection points to outsiders.
Lifts the vision of the church to include community, regional and worldwide missions.
Provides Administrative Support…
Participates in choosing and training Elders and servant-leaders for the church.
Meets regularly with and cooperates with Elders in oversight of the church.
Works with congregational leaders to develop functional framework of service within and through the church.
- Has sound Bible knowledge and accepts our Doctrine (go to www.hillsidepa.org).
- Good teacher. Able to inspire members to serve, share faith, and grow to live out our Great Commission!
- Deals well with conflict. Able to mediate situations and resolve communication issues among members.
- Charismatic and outgoing personality. Has a humble spirit and genuinely loves people!
- Interacts and connects well with teenagers and youth.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aligns with our unique culture and vision of growing without stifling or interrupting our sense of community.
- Has a collaborative and team approach. Able to work with elders, staff, and members as He shepherds.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully promote Discipleship.
- Understands the small church dynamic with limited staff and resources. Willing to “wear multiple hats.”
- Bible College graduate.
- 10 years of experience serving in roles such as Pastor, Associate Pastor, and/or Youth Minster. (Willing to
consider other applicants.)
- Has a stable and solid work history. Is highly regarded for contributions at previous churches.
Send resume, cover letter, and sermon samples to [email protected]