Minister of Children and Families
Purpose: Garden City Christian Church (GCCC) is a community of Christ followers whose mission is to Win Them, Build Them and Send Them! by being the church (Ekklesia) God has called us to be! We are a 150+ member church located in Columbus, Indiana, and affiliated with the Independent Christian Church/Church of Christ Restoration Movement. We are seeking a full-time ministry position to oversee the planning, coordinating, and implementation of our ministry to children (Birth-Sixth Grade) and families.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
• To provide creative and strategic leadership for the church’s children and families, especially for those Birth-Sixth Grade.
• To develop relationships that will enable the fruitful nurturing and growth of the Christian faith in children and their families.
• To welcome and encourage children and young people to actively contribute in the life of the church.
• To initiate new forms of outreach to children and families in the Columbus community in order to assist in growing the church and impacting the community for Christ.
1. A Christian who has experienced Believer’s Baptism by immersion and is a committed member of the local congregation.
2. You have been called by God to serve both children and families, and you have been ordained (or are willing to be) by a Christian Church/Church of Christ church that recognizes your calling.
3. You agree with and support the stated doctrine and mission of Garden City Christian Church (see our statement of faith on our website: www.gardencitychurch.com).
4. Have earned a Bachelor’s Degree or greater (preferably in children/youth or family ministry) from an accredited Bible College or Seminary from a Restoration church college/university.
5. Has a servant's heart that is willing to help others.
6. Collaborates as part of the pastoral and ministry team.
7. Possesses strong administrative skills and is good at managing details.
8. Has a heart and calling for children and youth ministry.
9. For married candidates, a spouse in full support of your ministry calling, who will serve in the church in the way that suits their own gifts.
The Minister of Children and Families is accountable to the Lead Minister and the Board of Elders.
1. This candidate must have strong communication and planning skills. Must be able to easily communicate with our children and their parents. The ability to plan events, Bible studies, and ministry trips is critical for this position.
2. Seeks to minister to all children and youth in our church family, including those who do not regularly attend children/youth activities, by developing personal relationships.
3. Build positive relationships with parents.
4. Recruits and trains volunteer leaders to help with our mission and reflect our values.
5. Develop ways to receive input and evaluation from parents, teachers, volunteers, and other church leaders regarding children and family ministry.
6. Maintain and enforce Safety and Security policies and procedures.
7. Networks with other children/youth workers in the community and program, or attend, area events with other ministries annually.
8. Sets and oversees the children and youth ministry budget.
9. Integrates children into the life of the church, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities.
10. Grow and enhance children's ministry as needed.
11. Periodically review church policies and programs with appropriate staff or committees and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church.
12. Keep abreast of new materials, programs, methods, etc.
13. Organize and oversee an ongoing visitation and evangelism program for children and parents.
14. Participate, when available, in planning and conducting special projects, summer camp at Hilltop Christian Camp, retreats, etc.
15. Pray regularly for the church and share prayer needs with other staff members.
16. Attend weekly staff meetings.
We are seeking a full-time Minister of Children and Families. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your response to the following question (in 300-500 words): Why do you believe you are called to children and youth ministry?