St. Elmo Christian Church is an independent Christian Congregation located in St. Elmo, IL. We are seeking a long term minister with a background in the Restoration Movement. We seek a man with a passion to preach the truth to a multi-generational congregation.
Essential qualifications include the ability to lead, knowledge of the scriptures, good people skills and being self-motivated.
- The minister reports to the elders. The minister will work closely with the leadership to ensure the vision and goals of the church are being executed.
- Demonstrate a personal, mature and growing relationship with Christ, manifesting a servant's heart and a teachable spirit.
- Sensitive to the varying level each member is at in their walk, and a willingness to meet each one individually in the appropriate context with a passion to deepen their understanding and commitment to the cause of Christ.
- Commitment to fulfill the SECC Mission Statement.
- Cast vision for all ages along with the elders and staff
- Shepherd the staff through leadership and mentoring when appropriate
- Help hire new staff with church leadership
- Preach to cover all services
- Actively participate in planning of worship service
- Ensure we have prayer and stewardship emphasis
- Promote small groups and Sunday school as an integral part of a faith journey
- Participate and lead the team in visiting and caring for those in need
- Have a passion to connect the unchurched
- Partner with leadership and staff to keep people connected through church involvement and attendance
- Willing to counsel
- Willing to perform baptisms, weddings and funerals
Missions & Outreach
- Be active in the church and community
- Work with and support staff in the programming of special events
- Evangelize (inside and outside the walls of the church)
- Take an active role in the support and promotion of missions
- Participate in the Ministerial Alliance
If you feel the Holy Spirit moving you to explore this possibility, please send the following:
- A resume delineating complete education and employment history
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the qualifications of the position
Reference List (including contact information for the following):
- Your current pastor/minister, mentor or the ministry leader who has had the most significant impact on your life.
- Three references from your professional life—preferable a significant elder, a peer and a subordinate.
- Two personal references that can speak to your character and personal faith in Christ.
- Submissions may be sent through email in MS Word to Search Committee at [email protected],
Applications will be accepted until 11/10/19.
Employment offer will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.